Scottsville High

Scottsville School was originally built in 1876, and was moved  to a brick building, later called the Council building, on the corner of Main Street and Route 20. In 1906. a new school was built on Schoolhouse Hill overlooking the Horseshoe bend of the James River and began as a large gray building with bell tower. 

1925: A new brick building constructed at the corner of Page and Main opened with a kitchen, stage and library; primary classes were taught at a cottage on Byrd Street.

Principals of Scottsville School prior to the opening of Albemarle included:

John Boggs
1954-1958

Thomas Gillis
1947-1954

Leslie Walton
1937-1947

William Smith
1908-1937

Clarence Cambell
1907-1908

Walter Dabney
1904-1907

John Eastman
1903-1904

H. Roberts
1901-1903

Robert Charles
1900-1901

W. Shepherd
1896-1900

W. Ellis
1890-1896

Frank Crawford
1889-1890

J. Barney
1889

Albert Hill
1887-1889

Ben Wade
1873-1875

Major Smith
1872-1873